KUPWARA, SEPTEMBER 23 : District Administration, Kupwara today organized 3 mega block divas events at Villgam, Reddi and Nowagabra, besides, Block Level events across the district, where government functionaries remained available for public as a part of Jan Abhiyan to mark Block Divas/Youm-e-Block.
The main mega block divas event was held at Villgam in Ramhaal area, where District Development Commissioner Kupwara, Ansul Garg alongwith Additional Deputy Commissioner, Kupwara, Nazir Ahmad Lone; Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), Handwara and District Officers remained available for the public and the elected public representatives of the Ramhaal,Taratpora and Magam blocks.
Speaking at the occasion, the DDC said that the Government is committed to strengthen gross root democracy by ensuring on spot redressel of grievances and service delivery at the door steps of the people. He appealed people and PRIs to cooperate with the administration to achieve the new heights of the development in the district. He stressed for making the best use of funds provided to each Panchayat by making comprehensive plans and advised PRIs to formulate plans in such a way that some block level infrastructure could be created. He gave the example of Tangdhar ,Teetwal , Sogam and Trehgam blocks where public representatives pooled the amount for the augmentation of power and health sectors in their areas as per their local requirements.
Referring to the service delivery during the Jan Abhiyan Campaign, the DDC said that 14000 PM Kisan cards , 80000 Kisan Credit Cards besides thousands of Domicile Certificates have been issued to the beneficiaries. He said to facilitate people, powers for issuance of domicile certificates have been given to Naib Tehsildars where people can get Domicile Certificates within 5 days. He said our officers are continuously working in the field for issuance of certificates under different centrally sponsored schemes. He directed the concerned officers to work on mission mode and ensure that all needy could get benefits of the Abiyan.
The DDC said that minority scholarship for students has got manifold addition and 1.37 lakh students got benefited from the scheme this year. He said 34000 new pension cases have been covered by Social welfare Department and registration for new cases is also done during the Awami Muhim.
Replying to PRIs, the DDC said that 90 percent ration cards and Pension Cases of Social Welfare Department have been linked with AADHAR and process for remaining 10 percent is going on and there would be simultaneous verification of the cards.
DDC asked Engineers of PHE and Irrigation to coordinate with PRIs in plan formulation of new schemes, adding that by the year 2022 all households could get water through pipes under flag ship programme, Jal Jevan Mission.
The Additional Deputy Commissioner, Kupwara, replied all question one by one which were raised by the public on the occasion.
Chief Agriculture Officer and other concerned spoke on the occasion and gave awareness about the welfare schemes of their departments.
BDC Chairpersons of Ramhal, Taratpora & Magam blocks, chairman Civil Society Ramhaal and senior citizens also spoke on the occasion and projected demands of concerned blocks.
Later, cheques worth Rs.37, 12,500 were distributed among 396 beneficiaries under various welfare schemes of Labour Department. The Agriculture department distributed 3 paddy threshers, besides, PMKMY cards and Soil Health cards, whileas, Kisan Credit Cards and Domicile certificates were also distributed among the beneficiaries, on the occasion by ADC Kupwara and concerned officers.
Similar mega block divas event was held at Reddi-Chowkibal where Additional District Development Commissioner Kupwara, Mohammad Ashraf Bhat along with various District officers remained available for the public.
Speaking at the occasion, the ADDC directed the concerned officers to resolve issues put forth by BDCs and PRIs while taking them on board. He asked the officers and BDCs to utilise this people friendly campaign Jan Abiyan in the best interest of people of rural and far flung areas. He organised a question answer session and replied the queries asked by the public in coordination with the concerned officers.
Earlier, Block Development Chairpersons (BDC) of Kralpora, Reddi and Meelyal blocks also spoke and put forth various issues and demands of their concerned areas before the officers.
The third mega block divas event was organized at border area Nowagabra in Karnah subdivision, where government functionaries remained available for the public and elected representatives of the Tangdhar block.
On the occasion, BDC Chairpersons of block Tangdhar and PRIs projected the demands of their area.