A spice grinding factory and a bandsaw unit got completely damaged after they went up in flames in Nowpora area of Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on the intervening night of Wednesday-Thursday.
An official told the news agency–(KNO) that fire broke out in the two units at around 2 am in the night. “Locals with the help of fire tenders managed to douse the flames at around 6 am but could not save the units and property worth lakhs was damaged in the mishap,” he said.
He said that both the units belonged to one Nazir Ahmad dar of Nowpora locality of Sopore.
The official said that the fire erupted due to a short circuit in a transformer located near the two units—(KNO)